Process & Product Innovation Manager JD (India)
PAD is a rapidly scaling global non-profit that harnesses the power of technology, data science and behavioral economics to provide targeted information to farmers in developing countries. Providing the right information to the right people, in the right way and at the right time, increases incomes, protects the environment and improves well-being. Many of PAD's programs rely on a build-operate-transfer model, in which we develop and iterate on a program model and associated mobile extension products in partnership with a large scale partner, such as a state government's extension service, and then we transfer operations of the system to that partner to ensure the program's long term sustainability.
The Process and Product Innovation Manager will play the critical and exciting role of helping us streamline and iterate the program's product and processes to maximize impact, cost-effectiveness, and scalability. The PPI Manager will also play a key role in helping PAD smoothly transfer operations to our partners, in ways that ensure our program's longevity. We see both the iteration and successful transfer as exciting differentiators for PAD's work, putting us at the cutting edge of work in the development space on how to achieve sustained impact at massive scale. You will work closely with relevant workstream owners across multiple departments as well as the Project Lead, and senior India leadership. You will work in a non-hierarchical team and be immersed in a start-up culture. You will have the freedom to try new ideas and will see your work pay off quickly, with a real impact on how much, and how quickly, we can reach more of the world's poorest people and help them to transform their lives.
The Process & Product Innovation Manager will be responsible for the following main tasks:
Set Goals and Strategy:
- Build and manage a system for the identification and scoping of process and product improvements across the program.
- Lead a regular and consultative process for the prioritisation of such improvements.
- Contribute to our yearly strategy process.
Project Management and Coordination:
- Lead the design, implementation and testing of process improvements; including project documentation and implementing successful integration into standard operating procedures.
- Work with the Program Lead and other colleagues in scoping, designing and piloting new products for Odisha and potentially the India program.
- Interface between our tech, research, and program teams to design and iterate on products, including spending time with frontline staff and farmers in the field to ensure that our products are closely aligned to user needs.
- Contribute to general management tasks important for the organization's functioning and success including but not limited to budgeting, performance management and hiring.
Transition and Partnership Management
- Supervise the implementation and monitoring of the plan for transitioning the program to the implementing partner.
- Regularly prepare and deliver internal and external progress reports on the transition.
- Assist in managing partner relations and working with external stakeholders for implementation of programme operations.
- Lead the training and onboarding of new/incoming staff.
- Directly supervise and mentor project staff.
- This may include setting and communicating expectations, providing regular feedback as well as coaching and helping with troubleshooting during execution
- Contribute to our internal culture as we grow.
- Entrepreneurial, data-driven, and motivated to build and refine operational processes.
- Humble, curious, and user-oriented, with enthusiasm to spend time in the field designing with and for our users.
- Highly values-oriented, open to working under sometimes challenging conditions and able to multitask
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Master's degree preferred with concentrations relating to management or administration in either the public or private sectors. Coursework in design thinking, business analytics, process optimisation or product development an advantage.
- At least four years of experience in a multi-faceted role dealing with multiple projects and stakeholders; two years of managerial experience preferred.
- Experience managing partnerships such as with government entities, donors, and NGOs.
- Strong writing and oral communication skills in English, with attention to detail
- Willingness to travel to project sites in India.
- Proficiency in using Stata, Python, R, or other data analysis software a plus.
- Full time.
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Location: Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
- Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
To apply, please visit the PAD website and use the online application form. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.